Brinell hardness tester
is mainly used for hardness determination of cast iron, steel, nonferrous metals, soft alloys and other materials. Today I will introduce the use of portable Brinell hardness test.
1. Before using portable Brinell hardness tester, you should clean the grease of ball, pressure head cap, pressure head sets and moving parts. Then check the pressure head cap and pressure head cover, and tight it with special wrench solid if it is loose.
2. The sample surface should be made into smooth plane without oxide layer, plating layer, decarburized layer. Its surface roughness Ra should be above 3.2um to make the indentation edge visible clearly.
3. The thickness of the sample must be greater than 10 times the depth of the steel indentation, and the two indentation center adjacent distance should not be less than 4 times the diameter of the indentation. The distance from the edge to the specimen should not be less than 2.5 times of the indentation diameter. Elastic samples and shell specimens are not allowed to be the specimen.
4. While testing with a small sample and the hardness block, the hardness block must be fixed on the solid metal platform with Vaseline, and wooden or cement platform is not allowed.
5. The contact clearance between the ball head and the spindle clearance of portable Brinell hardness tester should be cleared before use. And then make a few points on the sample before the test. While the operation, the durometer tester should be perpendicular to the plane of the specimen and the indenter is aligned to the specimen. When applying pressure slowly, you should hold the cylinder in one hand and hold the cover in the other hand until the contact hook is exposed to contact pressure and feel impact.
6. Test three times in the sample, measure the indentation of the sample diameter in two mutually perpendicular direction and choose the arithmetic average. The difference between the two vertical measurement diameter should not exceed 2% of small diameter, according to the table Indentation diameter control.
Portable Brinell Hardness Tester Maintenance Method
1. The upper cover of the hardness tester can be removed. The sliding part should inject the 1st spindle oil or sewing machine oil, and other parts are not allowed to loose and removal.
2. If damage internal parts are found, you can sent the portable brinell hardness tester
to measurement department or contact our company’s after-sales staff directly. You can not do self-demolition, or you may change the elasticity of the working spring.
3. If the portable Brinell hardness tester is not used for a long time, please remove the pressure head, indenter cap, ball, and coated with anti-rust oil after cleaning, then wrapped them with no corrosive material and place in a fixed place to avoid corrosion.
4. The standard hardness block of random configuration only allow to use the work surface. The smooth support surface is not allowed to damage, scratches, and bump.